The Black Project Ray SUP Race Fin offers exceptional tracking, stability and speed, especially in choppy waters. This makes it ideal for distance races, and narrow boards.
The Black Project Ray standup paddle board race fin offers exceptional tracking, stability and speed. It helps you stay upright and on course at record beating pace. This is especially helpful during longer distance paddling when fatigue creeps in – rememberer, you are not fast if you are falling off!
Thanks to proprietary foiling and a low drag profile you will gain speed with increased glide between paddle stokes. When the water gets rough the Ray will really come into its own, the extra depth and increased area will help you stay upright and tracking straight. This SUP fin is highly recommended for rough water, lakes and inter-coastal areas.
The 35° rake and plan shape helps speed up buoy turns while keeping you balanced and in control.
The Ray shares much of its DNA with the smaller TIGER and is an ideal change-up fin for windy days. If you have recently moved to a narrower SUP board then the Ray can offer that extra stability you will need with the loss of board width.
The Ray is best suited for intermediate stand up paddlers with a low to medium cadence. Built in our Ultralight Pro Carbon featuring our new LiteCore technology, these fins are the lightest sup race fins available while being exceptionally durable.
The features of the Ray standup race fin ensure that you are going to paddle faster, straighter and stay upright with less effort than ever before.
NOTE: You are ordering a Ray fin with US-Box fin head.
Overview of the Black Project Ray
- Biggest fin on offer from Black Project, that offers exceptional tracking & stability.
- Area = 283 cm2 / 43.9 in2 the biggest fin in the range for increased tracking and stability.
- Length = 24cm / 9.45” which helps stability and tracking
- Weight = 225 grams (7.94 ounces) +/- 5%
- LiteCORE Technology for increased strength & reduced weight.
- Two different fin bases to fit all standup paddle race boards…note: this fin you are ordering here is the US-Box.