The Black Project Tiger SUP race fin offers increased speed, enhanced tracking and extreme maneuverability.
This Black Project Tiger SUP Race fin is exceptionally light weight, and offers increased speed and tracking. It’s particularly good for buoy to buoy type and beach break type racing.
Developed on Maui by the Black Project team, these fins are refined to perfection. Thoroughly enjoyable by experienced intermediate SUP riders through to professional level athletes.
This is the fin as used by world champion SUP racers, and does ideally suit riders with higher cadence rates.
Some info from Black Project fins
The Tiger SUP race fin has been very successful, winning races around the world. Optimized for fast buoy turns and blistering straights, the Tiger SUP race fin is now becoming popular among riders on the Stand up World Series as well as at national level racing. The Tiger was used for example by Sonni Hoenscheid to dominate and win the 2015 The Euro Tour.
The Tiger was developed closely with 4 x UK race champion Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale, and legendary SUP racer turned equipment guru Bart de Zwart. The Tiger SUP race fin takes its name from the Tiger shark which frequents the Hawaiian waters. This fin is devastatingly quick and lets you turn tightly around buoys…it’ll get you around the course more efficiently, while helping you to leave less overtaking opportunities for your competitors.
In surfing conditions the new design will give you increased control and turning so that you can out maneuver the rest of the chasing field with speed and confidence.
The Tiger SUP race foil offers surprisingly large amounts of grip when at speed given its 20cm length and small 216cm2 area. When you initiate your buoy turn then the fin is designed to change the behavior of the board significantly, enabling you to get much tighter transition. The foil has special properties which optimize the turning ability at low speeds, just when you need it. And the grip is increased again when the speed increases on the straights, so that you can deliver more power through your paddle.
For riders in weedy (or trash filled) locations the 35 degree (from vertical) leading edge efficiently sheds weed to keep you paddling unhindered.
Features of the Black Project Tiger V2
- Winner of SUP Euro Tour 2015 & 2016
- Ultimate speed with high lift / low drag for technical and sprint racing.
- Proprietary foiling promotes exceptional grip at higher speeds while promoting maneuverability at low speeds
- 35 degree leading edge rake angle (from vertical)
- Advanced SUP laminar flow foil technology
- Pro Carbon RTM construction for ultimate lightweight now only 150 grams (5 ounces) +/- 5%
- Also available in Black Ed. G10 for ultimate durability.
- Two different sizes to fit all SUP race boards on the market
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Fin of choice for: Bart De Zwart, Sonni Hoenscheid, Leonard Nika, Ryan James, Joanne Hamilton-Vale, Chris Freeman and more…