This is the very popular Gath Hat EVA Helmet, fitted with the EVA foam headband for comfort and increased impact protection.
The Gath Hat EVA Helmet features an EVA headband that provides additional forehead protection. Combined with Gaths unique comfort strip fitting system, it provides a superior, customised, comfortable fit.
Each helmet comes with adjustable audio vents, a chinstrap anti rash sleeve, and a storage bag.
Gath helmet materials are backed with a 3 year warranty.
These helmets weigh in the region of 325g – 350g.
- Shell – UV stable, impact resistant, ABS plastic
- Liner – Washable EVA closed cell foam
- Headband – EVA Foam
- Fittings – Strong, non corrosive, resistant
- Retention system – non stretch webbing, quick release buckles, neoprene anti rash sleeve
Gath helmets are fitted with an EVA headband, and comfort strips to adjust to size. This offers the most comfortable fitting to your head shape possible. Please note that the small and medium helmets feature the same shell size, but have different thickness removable comfort strips. Similarly the large and xtra large helmets have the same shell size, and use different thickness removable comfort strips. To help determine the best size helmet for your needs, this guide below will help. Head measurements should be taken around the head, about mid forehead, and just above the ears. It is also easy to shape the comfort strips within the helmet to give you the perfect fit.
- Small – 7.5mm strap, with 9mm & 10.5mm straps also, to fit heads 540mm – 555mm
- Medium – 4.5mm strap, with 6mm additional strap, to fit heads 560mm – 575mm
- Large – 9mm strap, with 10.5mm strap also, to fit heads 580mm – 590mm
- Xtra Large – 4.5mm strap, with 6mm and 7.5mm straps also, to fit heads 595mm – 610mm
Why you should choose a Gath to protect your head!
Gath originate from Margaret River in Australia. Born from a surfing obsession, the guys there develop some of the best extreme sport and watersports helmets. The range is extensive, but we’ve selected the best models for use here in Europe…the standard surf hat and the Gedi. The Standard surf hat is ideal for general watersports use or where you require a light fitting helmet. The Gedi then is ideal for where you are going big, or want that extra protection and functionality.